The Cosworth Thermal Guard Composite Intake Gasket is designed to aid in the reduction of inlet air temperature by isolating the intake manifold from the heat generated by the engine's cylinder head. By reducing the temperature of the inlet manifold the temperature of the intake air charge is also reduced. The density of cooler air is greater than that of warm air. A denser intake air charge contains more oxygen which results in the potential for increased power and torque.
Each Cosworth Thermal Guard Composite Intake Gasket is precision manufactured from an engineering grade composite phenolic material that resists deformation common with plastic gaskets. As an added feature, the Cosworth Thermal Guard Composite Intake Gaskets are reusable and include a tube of "Hylomar Universal Blue Racing Formula" sealant. The use of OE inlet manifold gaskets is not required with the Cosworth Thermal Guard Composite Intake Gasket.
- Isolates inlet manifold from engine and cylinder head
- Reduces inlet air temperature
- Reusable with no deformation
- Higher temperature resistance than plastic gaskets (+500 degrees F)
- Precision CNC manufactured
- Includes Hylomar Universal Blue Racing Formula sealant
- Race proven
- Safe with all fuel types
- VQ35DE application