Cosworth 20023158 Forged Piston Set Nissan GT-R VR38 3.8L
The piston is one of the most important components within the engine. It can be subjected to directional change up to 285 times every second and must withstand acceleration forces of 8500g. Cosworth high performance forged pistons are designed and engineered to withstand this type of punishment and still perform. All Cosworth pistons are manufactured using the same methods as our Formula One pistons and include features such anti scuff skirt coating, heavy duty pins, polished top and patented anti-detonation bands. Additionally, each application uses a unique forging to minimize weight and ensure the strongest possible piston design . Set includes six pistons, pins and clips. Rings not included.
The Cosworth VR38 Forged pistons have been engineered with an optimal compression ratio of 9.3:1 to help improve engine response and performance. Additionally, the fully forged and profiled piston has been designed for superior strength but with an ideal nominal weight of 516 grams (pin included). This is a significant reduction in mass compared to the original piston of 70 grams that will help to improve engine response and reduce stress on related engine components.
- Unique forgings for VR38 high power application
- Anti scuff skirt coating: Xylan
- Polished tops (reduced carbon build up and stress relief)
- Manufactured from proprietary alloy (CosAl 010)
- Ultra strong pin
- Patented anti-detonation bands
- Compression ratio: 9.3:1 Ideal for high boost applications
- Bore size: 95.5mm
- Weight : 516g (with pin) Original piston weight 584g
- Machined underside for optimized weight
- Strutted pin boss to reduce flex
- Heavy duty cir-clips for secure pin retention