AEM 30-4852 Dyno-Shaft Pro Series On-Vehicle Dynamometer
The Dyno-Shaft On-Vehicle Dynamometer Pro Series is a true on-vehicle dynamometer system that measures Torque and RPM while you drive to deliver Horsepower numbers in real time while you drive. It is a real dyno for your car that measures Horsepower, Torque and RPM as accurately as the most respected dynamometers, with the advantage of being able to gather this data in real-world conditions.
Eliminate Guesswork - Know for sure if slower times are due to a loss of power, vehicle set up or driver error.
Engine tuning - Stop trying to approximate real world test conditions and start testing in the real world! Finally you can test with actual intake air conditions, actual vehicle loading and the hundred other things that make a real vehicle behave very different than it does when on a dyno. In other words, it allows you to measure a vehicle’s power in real world conditions.
Chassis Set Up - Know when the tires will break loose. Ideal for optimizing drag launches and determining the longitudinal forces your tires can handle in road racing.
Torque Converter and Clutch development - Finally know what your Torque converter or clutch is doing while you are making a pass!
Dyno It All - The Dyno-Shaft accurately reads in all conditions including steady state, uphill or downhill, even while coasting down! It can even measure the effectiveness of an Exhaust Brake on diesel applications.
Recording, Reading And Outputting Dyno-Shaft Data
At its core, the Dyno-Shaft Pro Series is a sensor that measures Torque and RPM and uses this data to output a vehicle’s Horsepower and Torque in real time. You will need a ‘host device’ to record, view and output data from the Dyno-Shaft. The following devices are capable of reading and logging data from the Dyno-Shaft via AEMnet:
- AEM AQ-1 Data Logger
- The AQ-1 is the ideal host device solution for the Dyno-Shaft as it provides the broadest set of features and functionality, including:
- The ability to create dyno charts which can be saved, printed or shared electronically.
- The AQ-1 is a full featured data logger, so continuous power data can be recorded and replayed along with a wide variety of other vehicle information.
- AEM Series 2 Programmable EMS
- Like the AQ-1, the Series 2 EMS allows logging of continuous power data which can be replayed along with a wide variety of vehicle information however this device currently does not feature the ability to create dyno charts. This functionality will be added in the future.
Certain CAN-enabled devices from other manufacturers are configured to read Dyno-Shaft data. If you do not have one of the AEM devices listed above you will need one of the devices listed below, and will need to confirm that it can read the data from the Dyno-Shaft by contacting your manufacturer:
- CAN-enabled Data Logger
- CAN-enabled Programmable Engine Management System
- CAN-enabled Racing Dash
AEM Dyno-Shaft Pro Features:
- Measures Torque and RPM at the driveline to deliver real Horsepower and Torque numbers
- Does not skew readings like accelerometer-based units. Real Data. No assumptions!
- Eliminates guesswork when troubleshooting or making changes at the track
- Laboratory-grade strain gauge requires no slip rings or batteries and is maintenance free
- Create dyno charts which can be saved, printed, or shared electronically (requires AQ-1 Data Logger)
- Pro slip yoke is CNC machined from Chrome Moly to ensure balance and concentricity
- Pro slip yoke is heat treated to ensure optimum tensile strength
- Pro slip yoke is case hardened for applications with roller bearing extension housings
- Pro slip yoke undergoes a Laboratory-Grade calibration process
- Can be used with the AEM AQ-1 data logger, AEM Series 2 EMS, and some third party CAN-enabled engine management systems, data loggers and displays (contact AEM Technical Support or Sales Dept at (310) 484-2322 or contact your direct vendor to confirm whether your CAN-enabled device can read the Dyno-Shaft datastream)
Note: Dyno-Shaft On-Vehicle Dynamometer is a valuable diagnostic tool which must only be used in a safe manner and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. All users of this product agree that AEM shall not be responsible or liable for any personal injury, property or any other type or kind of damage(s) resulting, directly or indirectly, from non-compliance.
**** Free Ground shipping in the contiguous U.S.. Please contact us for a quote for shipping outside the contiguous U.S. or for express shipping ***