Cobb Tuning 771602BK Front Mount Intercooler Black 07-09 Mazda Mazdaspeed3
Looking for an effective solution that will eliminate inconsistent power delivery from your MazdaSpeed3? Look no further than the all new COBB Tuning Front Mount Intercooler. The factory top mounted intercooler can easily be over worked and over heated due to its smaller size. In return, the intake air temperatures rise causing a loss in power. Replacing the factory intercooler with the COBB Tuning Front Mount Intercooler will ensure that your engine is receiving the coolest possible air, allowing you to enjoy more power that is also much more consistent!
The v2.0 FMIC for MAZDASPEED3 has been revised to give more clearance for the frame rails, bumper beam and oil lines allowing for easier installation and less modification of your car!
The COBB Tuning FMIC features 2.5-inch powder-coated charge tubes feeding a large “bar and plate” 24-inch x 3.5-inch x 7.9-inch aluminum core with blue 5-ply silicone couplers with T-bolt clamps plus everything you need for a simple and painless installation.
All COBB Tuning intercooler kits now come with the COBB Tuning lightened shifter weight for improved fitment and more precise shifting feel.
The COBB Tuning FMIC v2.0 for MS3 also integrates seamlessly with the SF Intake System and Turbo Inlet Tube for the complete COBB Tuning Intake Package! AccessPORT calibrations for the COBB Tuning SF Intake and FMIC package can be downloaded from the MAZDASPEED3 Map Database.
**** Free UPS NEXT DAY AIR SAVER shipping in the contiguous U.S.. Please contact us for a quote for shipping outside the contiguous U.S. ***
- Bar and plate 24" x 3.5" x 7.9" aluminum core.
- 2.5" aluminum tubing powder coated dark gray.
- Piping has been revised so that it does not interfere with the frame rail, bumper beam and oil lines.
- 5-ply blue silicone couplers.
- Stainless steel t-bolt clamps.
- Powder coated black mounting and power steering cooler relocation brackets.
- Stainless steel fasteners.
- Minor trimming of the bumper cover required.
- Will work with stock BPV or aftermarket BPV that is stock style fitment.
- Retains the stock bumper beam and does not require cutting the bumper beam.
- Under tray can be reinstalled with no modifications.
- Does not require disconnecting of the power steering lines.
- CFD tested and airflow optimized.
- Tested 0.65psi boost pressure loss across the core
- 85% efficient intercooler means greatly reduced core outlet temperatures!
- New shift weight that is 0.66 lbs less than stock which improves the shift feel and allows for more pipe clearance.