Royal Purple 1600 Purple Ice Super Coolant Radiator Additive 12oz. Bottle
Purple Ice is a high performance, synthetic, radiator coolant additive for both gasoline and diesel engines. It is formulated to reduce the surface tension of the coolant, which improves heat transfer through the cooling system while providing additional protection against rust, corrosion and erosion.
Purple Ice prevents the formation of scale deposits in the radiator for optimum coolant flow and lubricates the seals of the water pump. It is ideal for use in straight water racing applications or in antifreeze / water mixtures.
Purple Ice is compatible with traditional ethylene glycol antifreeze (green) and GM Dex-Cool antifreeze coolants.
Purple Ice should not be used in new radiators until anti-freeze has been cycled through the system. Contact Royal Purples.
Reduces Coolant Temperatures
Extensive testing confirms Purple Ice reduces coolant temperatures better than comparable products while providing extra corrosion protection. For example, the average operating temperature of a 350 c.i.d. V8 engine (equipped with 160 degree thermostat) when dyno-tested with different coolants are:
- Standard mix of water and glycol (antifreeze): 228 F
- 50 / 50 water / glycol mix with Purple Ice added: 222 F
- Straight water (no corrosion protection): 220 F
- Water with Purple Ice added: 200 F
Recommended Treat Rate
- For use with antifreeze -- 1 oz. / quart of cooling system capacity
- For straight water applications -- 1.5 oz. / quart of cooling system capacity
Note: Minimum of 20 percent antifreeze recommended in street driven vehicles.