AEM 30-2500 AQ-1 Data Logging System
AEM’s AQ-1 Data Logger is an easy-to-use vehicle data acquisition device designed for racers and performance enthusiasts of all types who want dynamic, accurate data logging capability, but don’t want to take a second job to pay for it. Any racer or enthusiast with a data logger - whether they compete professionally or every free weekend they have - will tell you how valuable this recorded information is for optimizing vehicle power and dynamics. When you combine this recorded data with track mapping capability, this information can also help improve driver skill.
When it comes to data loggers for most enthusiasts though, they have a few problems: many competitive data loggers are costly, they can be challenging to install, and you end up repeatedly dipping into your bank account to pay for software upgrades and supplementary components to unlock their full potential. Knowing this, AEM has developed the AQ1 Data Logger—a feature-packed data logger that installs easily, can read live parameters from ancillary sensors, AEMnet enabled devices, GPS and more, and put them into a single log to make it easy to view. And it’s available for less than half of the cost of most other data loggers.
The AQ-1 Data Logger records and stores vehicle data so that it can be downloaded and analyzed. AEM’s AQ-1 Data Logger is easy to use, feature packed, and it won’t break the bank. With logging rates of up to 1000 samples/second per channel, it is one of the fastest data loggers on the market. It has 2GB of logging memory standard, one of the largest. Additionally it features an internal 3-axis accelerometer, a removable SD card for virtually unlimited logging (up to 32GB at a time), and allows you to add an NMEA GPS device.
The AQ1 Data Logger can record AEM gauges, MAP/pressure sensors, TPS, APP, shock travel, load cell sensors, analog and frequency MAF sensors, any 2-wire temp sensor, any 3-wire pressure sensor, RTD, EGT, vehicle speed, injector duty cycle, boost control solenoid, flow sensor, HALL sensor, clutch pressure, brake pressure, and more! It includes three switched-to-ground inputs for clutch, brake, cooling fan ground switch, nitrous solenoid ground or ground switch to start and stop the AQ1 Data Logger (ground activated input) It also has true daisy chain capability via AEMnet-equipped devices. All AEMnet-equipped devices feature a simple pass-through wiring configuration for easy connection. After they are connected, the AQ1 Data Logger identifies the AEM device and asks if you want it added to your log. It’s that easy!
Easy Install & Set Up
AEM’s AQ-1 Data Logger features three versions of wiring harnesses to match your requirements for ease of installation. All three wiring harnesses include a weather-proof connector pre-wired for the AEMnet high speed communication, CAN, RS-232 serial, remote mount USB, 12V power and ground. The mini harness (part# 30-2906-0) includes all the necessary pins and weather seals to build a custom harness. The 18” and 96” flying lead harnesses (part# 30-2906-18, 30-2906-96) features silk screened functions on the body of each wire to ease the installation process and reduce any chance of misidentifying a wire during set-up. Its compact size makes it easy to install (4.80” x 4.55” x 1.44”), and its rugged enclosure features a weather resistant dust cover for added durability.
The AQ-1 Data Logger interfaces with a laptop via USB connection, and the included software features a set-up Wizard and comprehensive AEM sensor library for simple configuration and use.
AQ-1 Data Logger Racer Features:
- Set-up Wizard and sensor library simplifies set up process
- Intuitive software
- Logging rate of up to 1000 samples/second per channel!
- Removable SD card for virtually unlimited logging (2GB card included, supports cards up to 32GB)
- Log AEM gauges, MAP/pressure sensors, TPS, APP, shock travel, load cell sensors, analog and frequency MAF sensors, any 2-wire temp sensor, any 3-wire pressure sensor, RTD, EGT,
- vehicle speed, injector duty cycle, boost control solenoid, flow sensor, HALL sensor, clutch pressure, brake pressure, and more!
- Three switched-to-ground inputs for clutch, brake, cooling fan ground switch, nitrous solenoid ground or ground switch to start and stop AQ1 Logger (ground activated input)
- True daisy chain capability with AEMnet-enabled devices
- All data (sensors, daisy-chain) saved to single log file with real-time clock!
- Compact size (4.8" x 4.55" x 1.44")
- Track mapping capability
- Data analysis using AEMdata software.
AQ-1 Data Logger Technical Features:
**** Free Ground shipping in the contiguous U.S.. Please contact us for a quote for shipping outside the contiguous U.S. or for express shipping ***
- Logging rates of up to 1000HZ (1000 samples/second) per channel (ancillary channels)
- Four analog inputs for that can optionally measure frequency (0-5 V or 0-16 V)
- Examples: RPM, vehicle speed, frequency based MAF, injector duty cycle, boost control solenoid, flow sensor, hall sensor, any 3 wire pressure sensor
- Four 0-5V analog inputs with optional pull-up resistor for RTD/Thermistor-style sensor
- Examples: AEM gauges, MAP/pressure sensors, TPS/APP/shock travel/load cell sensors, analog MAF sensors, any 2 wire temp sensor, RTD, EGT
- Three switched to ground digital inputs, 16.5 V MAX tolerance
- Examples: Clutch/brake/cooling fan ground switch, nitrous solenoid ground or ground switch input to start/stop Logger (Ground activated input)
- AEMnet connection included for easy connection to AEMnet enabled devices
- RS-232 serial input included for adding NMEA GPS device
- Serial port included for reading datastream on aftermarket EMS systems
- Internal 3-axis accelerometer (+/- 4g MAX)
- CAN-BUS logger included for decoded CAN BUS channels. Provides configurable CAN-BUS for interface with other manufacturer’s CAN-enabled devices. Contact AEM for more info
- Data analysis using AEMdata software.