COBB Tunning 733650 XLE BPV 04-05 Subaru Forester XT
The COBB XLE BPV is a compact and lightweight by-pass valve that is capable of holding very high boost pressure without leaking. Its unique design allows for extremely fast venting of boost when actuated. It is designed to operate in multiple venting modes and can be quickly reconfigured using simple hand tools. Innovative engineering and precision manufacturing result in a compact package able to fit in the confines of a tight engine bay.
- Body, mounting flange and secondary outlet cover are constructed of 6061 T6 aluminum.
- The body is hard anodized for additional strength.
- The primary outlet is rectangular in shape to provide maximum cross sectional area for venting pressurized air as quickly as possible.
- The secondary outlet cover can be removed to enable partial vent to atmosphere or full vent to atmosphere modes.
- Unit height is only 3.5 inches from base of flange to top preload adjuster,allowing it to fit into the tightest of locations.
- Body to mounting flange interface is o-ring sealed, allowing flanges of different shapes to work on multiple applications.
- Lightweight aluminum piston allows faster reaction time than heavier pistons.
- The aluminum piston has been hard anodized and impregnated with Teflon to provide smooth movement, reduce surface wear and minimize maintenance.
- Rounded piston profile smooths air flow as it passes through the cylinder.
- The rounded piston profile mates with a rounded piston seat for superior sealing when the BPV is closed.
- Tight tolerance o-rings are used to seal piston to cylinder bore properly at normal engine operating temperatures without sacrificing piston speed.
Preload Adjuster and Spring
- Adjuster allows adjustment of spring preload for fine tuning release pressure.
- Spring and spring seat are constructed of 304 stainless steel.
- Spring preload adjustment mechanism and fasteners are stainless steel.
- Valve vents pressurized air very quickly due to lightweight components, port shape and low sliding friction.
- Unique exhaust sound due to speed of air release.
- Construction materials make the XLE BPV compatible with alcohol/water injection due to inherent corrosion resistance.
- Lighter than most aftermarket BPVs and BOVs.